Table and series caching
DFS has the option to cache (final) table and series data. But I do not know how to activate these functions - I thought it would occur automatically, but this does not seem to be the case. There is still a noticeable delay when changing seasons, and series are recalculated each time even if no changes to the DB occur.

All I can see are options to disable the confirmation of using cached data; the handbook is not really helpful in this respect or I am looking in the wrong section.

:o
When you disable these options, then DFS will ask you each time if you either will use the cached data or DFS schould recalculate it.
When you enable it, DFS will always used the cached data.
So when you disable these options, you will ask at the second time that you use these tables/series if you would like to use the cached data or if DFS will recalculate it. Choose "Ja" if you will use the cached data or "Nein" for recalculation.
Ok, I found the problem - if there is a non-closed match in one of the seasons, DFS will insist on recalculating the team series from that season.

But what about table caching? Where it is used? Not for changing seasons, I believe - just functions like Tops & Flops?
(16.12.2011, 08:07)silvermane link schrieb: Ok, I found the problem - if there is a non-closed match in one of the seasons, DFS will insist on recalculating the team series from that season.

Das ist richtig.

(16.12.2011, 08:07)silvermane link schrieb: But what about table caching? Where it is used? Not for changing seasons, I believe - just functions like Tops & Flops?

Das ist ebenfalls richtig. Die gespeicherten Tabellendaten verwendet das Studio nur in einigen Funktionen, in denen dadurch eine deutliche Verbesserung der Performance erreicht werden kann.

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste